Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Little salmon

It gets colder and colder and I know the end of the season is near. I am just curios when is going to be cold enough for the fish so they stop feeding. Probably I'll give up first when the winter is gonna show its full strength.

I'm still trying to trick the fish, no matter how high the water is. and I can tell you the rain and the guys from the Eastman Falls Dam can make it reeeaaally high So far every weekend was productive, however. It takes a bit to find the fish but they are still there. AndI'm talking both about trout and salmon.

First scaled critter I stumbled upon was not a fish. I'm surprised the snakes are still out, despite the cold. I think that Saturday's warm weather made them come out for a last chance to capture a frog, but on Sunday the temperatures dropped, catching them exposed. This one seemed really numb, moving slowly toward its hole in the ground.



I moved up and down on the shore for a half an hour to find a good spot and I finally got the first hit, on a nymph. A brown, followed by a few rainbows and more browns.











Nymphs ruled that afternoon, green and pink being the main catchers. I ended with a little salmon on what else but a pink nymph. I think it's the forth this season on that fly.

Same problem as last week, when you are trying to reel in a salmon and to record it in the same time, it doesn't look too pretty, a third hand would be really helpful. Enjoy!

For a better quality you can check the youtube version here and click on "watch on high quality"

No comments: