Monday, October 3, 2016

Hope

I always used to look forward to a trip to Romania, and I kept hoping that fishing is sometime going to get back to what it was back then .... And with every trip it seemed that I was drifting further and further away from that. And finally a pleasant surprise. Despite the fact that the waters of the Mara River are probably forever gone, there are still some streams where the wild trout and grayling continue to fight and even thrive. 
Increased awareness and involvement of the general public and fishermen, decreased poaching, are all factors that could help bring some of those streams back. We are seeing some of that. The rivers are not asking for much, just to be allowed to heal. And with great happiness I saw some of the healing happening. I was great to witness numerous and even some big grayling feeding in the sunset, and catch wild brown trout in small streams where they almost disappeared in the past from excessive poaching. 

This is the photo story of my journey:

The places:

















 







The fish:







 






 






And the bonus: