Saturday, May 2, 2009

Atlantic salmon vs flyline

As I was saying a few posts ago, the area below Eastman Falls Dam in Franklin is now fly fishing only. But guess what, wormdunkers are among us, they don't just break the law, but they litter too. I would love to here that one of this guys is paying a fine. So if you here about it, give me a sign, it will make my day.





Now back to fishing: first victim of the day was actually fall fish or chub as it's called in Europe. It took a decent size streamer.


The salmon came a little later, probably one of those stocked recently by Fish and Game. Nice fish, great fighter, 22"+. Untagged, and if they decided not to tag the fish anymore, I agree with it. Less harm to the fish.










After I released it, I noticed something weird to my line. At a closer look, I realized that the connector loop was actually destroyed in the fight. Now that is how an atlantic salmon fights!


No comments: