Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2012: RAINBOW ALERT!!!!

I have to interrupt the 2011 retrospective after my first day of fishing in 2012. This is the story:

I was joking on the New Years Day saying that I will call in sick the next day and go fishing instead. But once I got to work and I saw that I have a chance to catch an hour of good light, nothing stood in my way... left work at 2:00 had my license printed at 2:22 and I was in the water by 3:30. The fish were there and they were waiting for me. Seven. All rainbows, in the 37-43 cm range (roughly 15-17 inches), very aggressive for this time of the year. I was expecting to have little nibs but instead I got angry hits.




















All of them returned to the water to fight another day. By 5 pm the only light available was coming from the moon and the tears were starting to freeze on my face...Time to head back.

I could say this was a pretty good start for the season, I hope it stays that way!!!

2 comments:

M.C. said...

Seby prinde si tu pesti mai mici ca ne bagi in boala rau de tot....Frumosi pesti, felicitari si vad ca nu ai stat degeaba ascuns pana acuma.

sebastian said...

Prind si eu ce este :), desi comparativ cu ce prind altii iarna, astia sunt micuti. Tot visez la steelhead, dar e cam departe.