Monday, June 14, 2010

Strike

Yes the broodstocks are still here on the Pemi. Despite a "not so great" season so far, because of changing weather and water flows, this one reminded me of the good old times. I started with nymphs and wet flies and that brought me a few regular size trouts.



Then I switched to streamers, as the sun was going down. A few rainbows gave me some thrills, as they were hitting the light streamer right at the surface, with splashes of their tails. Finally a big whirl and the back of the salmon breaking the reflection of the clouds stopped the time. I didn't feel the hit and I knew it didn't take the fly. The next 0.2 went by as I was begging for a second chance. Then came the shock in my line and the fight started.








The fish made back in the water I was thinking about how awesome would this be if the Merrimack and the Pemi were free flowing rivers, without the dams that killed the natural migration of the atlantic salmon....

No comments: