Friday, April 2, 2010

Hook Jaw

Waters are still high in Central NH. And despite the nice weather, water temperatures don't go too high above freezing. Wading today meant that I had to use my 6'3" height to the max; I even abandoned the fanny pack to be able to go deeper. I still didn't dare to venture in to the current, because swimming is usually not something that I like to do at this time of the year.



When the fish hit my fly, it felt like I snagged into something, until it started to shake its head and my heart rate went up instantly. Luckily I had enough space to maneuver in calm water and the combination reel-rod basically did the rest of the job. And also luckily I had my favorite photographer around to capture the moment.





Result: this amazing hook jaw landlocked salmon, first of the season and my new 4 wt rod's best.






It measured approx 21 in, just past the 50 cm mark on my rod.



.......And happy end for the fish. Catch and release!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

felicitari mestere....ai vazut ca ti-a venit randu si tie?
super tari pozele,pestii peisajele.
fir intins in continuare ;).dani

catalin-phoenix said...

MA SECI LA INIMA CAND TE VAD CU CHESTII DEASTEA....MI-AI STRICAT SARBATORILE IAR VENIREA SOACRA-MII LUNI NU O SA MI LE REPARE.....NICE JOB MAN!

Dominique da Silva said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sebastian said...

sorry Dominique, no spot burning:(. You obviously didn't do a very good job cause I caught another rainbow tonight:P

sebastian said...

Cataline, io te-am tot chemat pe la mine in vizita....:D. Mersi! Sarbatori Fericite!!!!!!!!