Saturday, July 18, 2009

Knowless Pond 2009

As the water get warmer in the middle of the summer, trout fishing is slowing down a little but the bass is here to fill the gap. This is when I give up my fly rod for a while, and I pick up the spinning rod and the "softies" instead. One of my ponds of choice is Knowless Pond, especially for the incredible clarity of the water, lack of motor boats and other noisy water sports. Bass is not in great number here, but they come in decent sizes. I've often caught fish from the shore here, but the pond is completely surrounded by woods and the woods mosquitoes make your fishing experience a living hell. So I have to get over my laziness and put some air in my inflatable.



First fish came as I was starting to lose my hope. But hey! What have I told you about fallen trees? Right! his smallmouth was waiting for my zoom lizzard.








Five minutes later, first largemouth, a little to small to deserve a picture. The next one instead was not too bad.







One more largemouth came to complete the day. The sun was up and I discovered that sunblock lotion does not help if kept in your car.











See you next time!

2 comments:

George said...

Man I miss those fish!!

sebastian said...

they miss you too!!!