Saturday, September 5, 2009

Smallies week



This week I had a few quick fishing sessions, after work, one and a half hour each, and I focused on smallmouth bass. I had fun with them on dries, they will take violently a sedge that's making a lot of noise on the surface, but the most prolific way was fishing with streamers. I got some angel hair streamers that smallmouth bass cannot resist (thanks Jed and WS HUNTER for showing me this amaizing material). And if there is trout around they may find it tasty too.
I mainly fished Winnipesaukee and Merrimack rivers in Franklin area, with Winni having more fish, but the ones the ones I've caught in the Merrimack were bigger. A pleasant surprise was the chance to watch a snapping turtle hunting. It floates on her belly, like a log in shallow water next to the shore and with a quick move grabs little fish that get too close.



























No comments: